An allergy is your immune system’s overreaction to otherwise harmless things (allergens) such as dust mites, pets, mold and pollens. The body treats these “allergens” as invaders and releases chemicals to defend itself, causing allergic symptoms.Most people mean nasal allergies, or rhinitis, when they say they have allergies. Rhinitis symptoms are produced by nasal irritation (inflammation), leading to blockage or congestion. They include:
- Runny nose
- Stuffy nose
Itching, sneezing and other symptoms can be responses to allergic reactions, chemicals (including smoke), infections, and other factors. Symptoms can be seasonal (spring, summer and/or fall) or perennial (year-round).
Allergy and Asthma Associates of North Jersey PA can help you arrive at the proper diagnosis through history and testing. Once diagnosed, we can work together using the options of avoidance, medication and/or immunotherapy (“desensitizing”) to create a customized treatment plan that works for you.
Why Choose Us?
- Treating Allergies and Asthma in All Ages
- Dr. Weinreb is Double Board Certified
- Customized Treatment Plans
- Highly Trained Office Staff
- Minimally Invasive Techniques Offered
- State of the Art Facilities (two offices)
- Committed to Continuing Education
- Evening Appointments Available
- Emergency Same-Day Appointments Available